Our goal was to improve the worship experience for everyone, especially to enhance the experience for those in the social hall given our frequent over-flow seating. Here’s a list of all the ways we’ve been able to do this as a result of your generosity:
- We purchased more hymnals, so we are now able to provide good hymnal coverage for our very largest services.
- Over the summer, we added live streaming of our services on the Foothills Facebook page. We have been thrilled with the reception that this has received online. Now, if you are traveling, are ill, or simply can’t be in the service for any reason, you can now join with all of us online. You can find the live streams on our Facebook page approximately 5 minutes before each service begins.
- We reworked the stage lighting to make the stage more visually accessible.
- We purchased and installed a new projector in the sanctuary, as well as a large video screen in the social hall.
- We added a new computer and powerful software to allow us to seamlessly integrate a visual component to our services.
These last two changes mean that you can now expect to see the words to all of the songs we sing on the screen, as well as other readings or pertinent information. The possibilities go far beyond just those items, and we look forward to exploring how this potential can enrich our shared worship experience. We hope that this makes each element of our services more engaging, and more accessible to every individual joining with us.
The financial resources to create all of these improvements were made possible by your generosity in last year’s auction. Additionally, we were able to stretch those funds so effectively due to the immense generosity of some of our members who spent many hours assisting with this equipment installation. Wayne Brown, Mike McCarthy, Bruce Wagner, and Rich Roberts were invaluable in making this project happen.
Thank you all so much for helping us to reach more people through our worship services as we continue to unleash courageous love together. I can’t wait to see what becomes possible through your generosity in this year’s auction!