Last week I wrote about the ways our new database Planning Center Online (PCO) will impact the ways we do Giving at Foothills. This week my focus is on Groups!
TL/DR: New online group directory for all church groups. Information on group activities now can be found on their individual group pages.
At last count, Foothills has over 60 official groups, ministries, and teams. Before now, keeping track of them all, let alone making it easy to learn about and connect with them, was a challenge. One of the key features of our new database is an online infrastructure to support our church’s groups. Here is what I am most excited about:
- Our new online group directory showcases all the groups in one place. It also allows you all to request to be added to groups that are open to new members.
- Group pages contain essential information including: descriptions, meeting times and dates, and contact information.
- Group leaders can now easily see who is in their group, communicate with them all by email, and create events for all group members to see.
- Private Groups allow only group members to see the information about group activities and members.
- Public groups allow the whole church to get excited and involved in your events.
Many of you are involved in many different groups – by logging into your account via the group directory, you can see and access all the groups you are part of, include some private groups that only members of those groups can access.
As the year rolls on we will no doubt be learning more about our new system and be sharing with you more information. If you have questions, don’t hesitate to reach out. For questions regarding Giving please contact Carolyn Myers, our church administrator (email@example.com); questions about Groups can be directed to me, Sean Neil-Barron (firstname.lastname@example.org)