The Rummage Sale Task Force has been working over the past couple of months to re-envision the Rummage Sale, to address the various issues and concerns that have come up over the year – mostly related to lack of space, struggles to find sufficient volunteers, and an overall stress some have felt in trying to sustain such a big project.
We’ve decided to try scaling back the sale, primarily by doing the following:
- Reducing the time it takes for set up and sell to 10 days
- Eliminating and and sale of adult clothing
- Eliminating collection and sale of electronics
- Eliminating sales on Sunday. Sunday will be all church cleanup
- Training additional personnel on non-global pricing to expand number of folks who can do pricing, provide consistency and reduce rework
Additionally, we are looking to enhance the mission focus by connecting it more explicitly to courageous love. We are exploring the possibility of “sharing the plate” with a selected community partner, and also partnering with that organization for help in setting up and/or clean up of the sale.
Additionally, we are establishing a 3 person Lead team – and we are very much in need of 2 additional folks to fill in this role . Without finding people for this team in the next week or so, we will not be able to proceed with a sale this year. If you would like a great opportunity to make a meaningful difference in our community, and want to learn more about the Lead team, please contact Gretchen at firstname.lastname@example.org and she’ll send you the job description and basic time requirements.
We are very hopeful that we can continue this wonderful Foothills tradition!