“Remember there’s no such thing as a small act of kindness. Every act creates a ripple with no logical end.” – Scott Adams
Small acts of kindness – that is the mission of the Caring Team at Foothills. We, with the helpand support of each of you, strive to support Church members and friends in times of need. Some of the small acts of kindness the Caring Team coordinates or provides on a short term basis are:
- Meals for members and friends of the Church in time of serious illness, death, or other family crisis
- Rides to Church services or other Church functions
- Provide and serve simple refreshments when requested following memorial services held at the church
We also coordinate, provide or participate in:
- the Caring Card Table between services, sending cards to members and friends in recognition and support of important life events
- a Share the Care team when a family requests the significant resources that team provides
- sponsorship of Powerful Tools for Caregivers trainings and groups
- the Parish Visitor program
- the promotion of the Caring Stars program during the holidays
- other events/activities that promote community and support within the Church
None of these activities can be carried out without your kindness and willingness to help fellow Church members. A special thanks goes to each of you who have so often contributed your time, talent, and resources to benefit Church members and friends in time of need.
If you know of a Church member or friend who is in need, please use the firstname.lastname@example.org address and it will be routed to the caring person on-call. You can also call the office directly.
Would you like to join our Caring Team? We’d love to have you! Our next meeting will be May 21at 7:00 pm in the RE building – please express your interest to Rebecca Williamson at email@example.com.