Now that Rev. Keyes has begun his time with us, you may be wondering what to expect from the interim period. Here’s a broad sketch of the calendar for the next couple years.
- September, 2014 – Interim Senior Minister “Temporarily Installed.” Retreats & Workshops for Board & Staff to set Outcomes & Objectives for the interim time.
- Transition Team, appointed by Board, begins planning ways to involve congregation and community in the transition.
- October, 2014 – January 2015 – Transition Team leads congregation in self study and creative conversations.
- January, 2015 – Board & interim senior minister evaluate transition progress, correct course as needed.
- February, 2015 – Board begins involving the entire congregation in selection of a Senior Minister Search Committee.
- March 2015 – Search Committee (MSC) elected by congregation. Holds start-up retreat
- April – May MSC invites comment from the congregation in focus groups; creates all-church survey instrument.
- May- June Congregational survey completed; MSC begins work on a web-based information packet to distribute to applicants.
- October 2015 – MSC begins scheduling telephone interviews with promising applicants.
- January 2016 – MSC schedules intensive interviews and “pre-candidating weekends” with the most promising applicants
- Spring, 2016 – MSC presents a candidate for settled senior minister. After a week and two Sundays of getting acquainted, the congregation votes on whether to call and settle the candidate.